Wednesday, December 26, 2007

REYNALDO SEEKS JESUS

“It is my desire to meet Kabsat (Brother) Max. I want him to baptize me. I found the true gospel of Jesus through him” Reynaldo Nisperos said.

Reynaldo is a founder, and president, and instructor of Christian Institute of Technology at San Fernando City, La Union. He is is a single Fil-Am citizen, son of a retired navy officer, and one of the respected leaders of San Fernando Capitol church of the United Church of Christ in the Philippines (UCCP).

One Sabbath morning, at 7:45 am, he went to meet me in San Fernando SDA church. He thought that I was the assigned pastor there because I did radio broadcasting in the city near where his church was located. He did not know that I lived in Aringay and worked with the SDA Company there. Aringay is forty-five minutes travel from San Fernando.

When he arrived he found only one man, who was a visitor too. Therefore, he failed to get any information until such a time that the brethren began coming in. Oh, it was his pleasure to see them.

After the service, the brethren invited him for lunch. He chatted with Pastor Ely Rafanan who is the Northern Luzon Mission (NLM) Executive Secretary who served as the speaker for the divine service.

At 4:00 pm, I drove to bring Pastor Rogie Valdez, the NLM Ministerial Secretary, to Aringay town/city to wait for his bus ride to go home. We met Pastor Rafanan along the road. He told me about Sir Reynaldo and requested me to visit him.

This news reminded me of what I do each Sunday in the broadcast room. At 10-10:30 am, after the Catholic Mass, Kabsat Rod and I deliver solid hitting Bible truths. We conversed and smile together thinking that we would have a lot of respondents. We were bombarded with questions and comments from different religious sects and organizations. They attacked our belief, concluding that we were certainly wrong.

By God’s grace, earnest prayer and dedication paid off. There were unexpected diligent listeners, who appreciated our Biblical answers and presentations. Reynaldo was one of them.

The following week Kabsat Noah, who is the San Fernando Church Elder, and I arranged to comply with Reynaldo’s invitation. When we were at his home, we witnessed his tears of joy. He showed and played his Christian books and Christian’s music’s. Then he testified about our radio program.

He said, “At the moment I turned on my radio. I heard your introductory message backed-up by the song “Jesus Is Coming Again” I was amazed! It was like being jolted by a live wire on my head. My skin hairs were awakened when, while I was standing in front of my radio, I heard, “Jesus Is Coming Again”. And when I heard your Sabbath topic, I recalled when I was questioning our minister about the Sabbath in 2005.

“Our UCCP minister knew that Saturday is the Sabbath day. I asked him why we observed Sunday instead of Saturday.

“He answered, “Sunday is the resurrection day.”

“I asked again, “Why do we show priority for the resurrection day instead of Jesus’ rest day?”

“He did not reply.

“Then I stressed, “We should keep the Sabbath in commemoration of God’s creation! If resurrection is necessary, then the rest day is also essential!

“Still no answers followed.

“Since the pastor told me that Saturday was the Sabbath, I have had doubts. Therefore, I seldom go to church.

“You know, Kabsat Max, I am enjoying your radio program. While listening I am praying for Gods blessings. I am asking God to take me, and to bless your radio program and so that many will be benefited. Since then I learned that Seventh-day Adventist church is the true protestant reformer. It is a world-wide family of believers keeping the Sabbath. I now have companions. I consider you as my brothers. I am asking God to give me a place in His Kingdom.”

Reynaldo is very willing to accept the Lord. We clarified that only an ordained minister is authorized to baptize him. He understood. After hearing all his concerns, we took our lunch and left him with a prayer.

Reynaldo along with 6 (six) other souls were baptized this quarter.

It is good news to me that before my radio contract ends, Reynaldo accepted the Lord. I wish the Lord to bless those planted seeds and make them grow and bear fruit.

To our radio sponsors, I take this opportunity to say “Thank you” for supporting Gospel Outreach Missions.

I hope you are still enthusiastic to finance our radio program to gather more souls for Jesus. This year 2007 is our planting year; however, we reaped in the 1st and last quarter. How many more will be reaped in 2008?

By
Maxwell D. Agunan
GO Radio Evangelist
Philippines
November 2007

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Kabsat Max,

Thanks for posting your radio story, it's inspires me really.I often please and strengthen to your radio program. I hope that program will continue for year 2008! Thanks!

More power!

Your listener,
John

Anonymous said...

The story you send me is a very inspering one.It enlightened and inspire every person who read it, i`ll be looking forward too listen on that radio program .


God Bless and More power


Sonia