Wednesday, December 26, 2007

INVISIBLE WITNESS



Last fall, I proposed that the Voice of Hope radio program be carried on DZNL in the Philippines.
Fred Webb, a Gospel Outreach director, saw value in
the proposal. He urged me to submit more information about budgets,
the audience, topics to be discussed and a follow up plan. As a result, Gospel Outreach voted to fund the radio program. In October, I received a check from the Northern Luzon Mission to begin the program.

I traveled to Baguio City to meet Pastor Cadalig, the communication director for the Mountain Provinces Mission. Unfortunately, I had an accident along the way. My motorcycle slid on a mountain near Baguio. My motorcycle and I rotated many times. I know the devil wanted to hinder my work, but God protected me. He sent two men to rescue me and bring me to the hospital. At the hospital, I said, “I can manage now for myself. Thank you for your help.”

After repairing my motorcycle, I went to Baguio Central School for treatment because I had a wound on my left leg. Then I went to Mountain Provinces Mission.

Sad to say, I didn’t meet Pastor Cadalig. Instead, I went to the North Philippine Union Mission in Pasay City to obtain the necessary equipment and supplies for the program.

Early in November, the program began. I had two regular and five part-time assistants.

Proclaiming Jesus on the air is very interesting. It is one of the easiest ways to reach lost people. Young people should be encouraged to broadcast the Gospel without fear.

In addition to broadcasting the message, we have follow-up services. We’ve been conducting a Pathfinder program in the Adventist school located in our territory. As a result, we baptized 12 people in January.

We also conduct funeral services for both Adventist and non-Adventist bereaved families. We have visited sick people in the hospital, and have been conducting visitation and Bible studies with those who do not yet know the Lord. As a result of these activities, another 11 people have accepted Jesus through baptism.

I could not imagine how the Holy Spirit would work with us. Radio broadcasting has been very effective in our first quarter. We have seen immediate results from the work. It is a way to plant the seed in areas we haven’t been able to reach.
I have found real happiness in this work even though there are many obstacles. I urge my fellow evangelists and volunteers not to be afraid or lazy in winning the lost and telling people about Jesus. Time is short. Jesus is coming soon!

By
Maxwell D. Agunan
GO Radio Evangelist
Philippines
May 2007

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The christian life really isn`t hard to live -it`s impossible !.But when Jesus returned to His Father in heaven ,He sent His Holy Spirit to help us live in a supernatural way (Jn.14:15-17;Rom 8:2-4).Just as the Spirit gives us a new life in Christ, so also He enables us to live the Christian life as we walk in close fellowship with Jesus(jn.15:4-5).And
What ever you face today ,you don`t face alone .Christ`s Spirit is there with you .Count on it!.